Travertine brick tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by jassodfuo, Mar 20, 2019.

1. jassodfuo

jassodfuo New Member

Hello

The boss wants brick travertine for the kitchen splashback (about 4m2 needed). It needs to have grey colour as well as the beige / brown.

We found these ones on sale in Topps, Ebay, Wickes - lots of places but very expensive and too small:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-G...ll-Floor-Mosaic-Tile-4-8-x-9-8cm/163241127984

We also found these on Ebay. Ideal but too big:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-T...6-Floor-Wall-Tiles-only-35-99-m2/201996359897

So, any suggestions where we can get cheaper silver brick travertine? If I buy the big ones, is there a way to cut them down as straight as the factory? I don't trust my Plasplugs wet cutter to be accurate enough. Hire a bridge saw? Is it something any pro could do easily? Ideally we could cut them into 4 pieces.

Thanks

2. xednim

xednim Screwfix Select

is very easy with table wet cutter, basic skills needed
    have you check local tile suppliers? sometimes they offer cut as well (I've got one close by where they can cut the tile up to 1,5m if I do remember)

3. N Bennett

N Bennett New Member

4. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

It can! I prefer my little plasplugs over my bigger cutter. The thin wheel just cuts without taking out too much material - Have cut 600 x 600, 10mm thick granite, slate - allsorts. I usually use it freehand eyeing in a pencil line and just let the blade follow the line. Agree it is too flexi to cut large heavy tiles against the tiddly fence.

Also, personally I don't like travertine because it usually has all those little holes and dints in which always get filled with crud (or they do on floors) but that's just an opinion.

5. jassodfuo

jassodfuo New Member

OK thanks all. We're going for the small ones 10x5 cm. Found some cheaper on Ebay.