trig

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by yozman, Mar 26, 2005.

1. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

i use a calculator and the stanley but I always have my rafter square with me, it is good if the pitch is not an exact angle. but i do like using a jig, marked up with "plumb" and "seat" to avoid errors

2. yozman

yozman New Member

hi dd, problem with hiring pitch is that i am ampered by two windows on gable where new roof is going, calc done on 2.4 high side wall which is what hight of ceiling will be,to raise pitch will have to cut down on height off ceiling? i am going to use garage as workshop so could do with high ceiling

3. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

windows are always a menace (so's microsoft windows) i sort of guessed as much but wasnt sure.

PS "ampered" are you a secret sparky ;)

4. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

PPS do you think plugging in your telly will be raised to class A drugs next year.

5. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

Yoz, could you use something like Ondutile if you are concerned about the minimum pitch?

6. chappers

chappers Member

If you are using new double romans I shouldn't worry too much about reducing the pitch to 18.5degrees just increase the lap slightly to be sure new ones should shed water fairly well even if the pitch is slightly below reccomended.

7. yozman

yozman New Member

just looked on marleys website and you can use smooth
    double romans down to 17.5 pitch so no worries there
    have to use 100mm headlap i presume this means over lapping tiles by 100mm instead of 75mm?

8. markchippy

markchippy New Member

shame i didnt see this at the time
    33.7 degrees