trimming chimney breast

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by panlid, Apr 18, 2005.

1. panlid

panlid New Member

slightly different this one. customer has a chimney breast that is 18" deep and she wants it trimming down by 4". what do you think, regarding the flue etc.??

2. do you mean the front face?

As you know standard brick chimneys are 9" x 9", however a precast flue is only about 2" x 9"... restricting a 9x9 would change class of chimney, and restrict type of appliances that it can be used with.

3. Jason123

Jason123 New Member

Whats the purpose of trimmimg so little off Sid, bang in a quote for 3K and see if she still wants it done;)

4. panlid

panlid New Member

guys i dont want to do it but there is a load more work there and i have been reccomended. problem is that one of here friends has had it done so she thinks it is ok to do. helllppp

5. nivek

nivek New Member

stud out both sides of chimney breast while she aint looking.

6. panlid

panlid New Member

lol nivek:D top answer.
    luckily ive just spoken to her and managed to frighten her enough to talk her out of it.
    close shave...

7. nivek

nivek New Member

phew.....don't you just hate being asked to do crazy a*d
    things, a bloke rang me the other week he,d bought one of them ready made balustrades and obviously it didn't match the pitch of his stairs "cant you just plane the string to match" he says. arghhhhhhhhhh i said while driving away very fast.

[Edited by: admin4]

8. panlid

panlid New Member

cant you just plane the string to match" he says
    f***g ridiculous:D

you should of done it with your jiggy;)

[Edited by: admin4]