Triton shower issue

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ElliottB, Jun 19, 2021.

1. ElliottB

ElliottB New Member

Hi everyone.

I had a triton T70gsi+ 9.5KW and it developed a problem were it seemed to have no inbetween temps it was cold all the way round till the dial got to the hottest setting and be red hot there was no luke warm or anything inbetween.

Went and got the exact same shower had it fitted by a professional plumber and now its doing the same??

Can anyone help or advise please

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Phone triton for repair..

On old stuff they used to do fixed price repair but your new one will have warranty

3. ElliottB

ElliottB New Member

I am awaiting a call from there engineer i logged the issue on Thursday with them

How could i have a brand new one and same issue though?

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Assume it was working after plumber fitted?

5. ElliottB

ElliottB New Member

Plumber fitted new shower...tested it ran cold and hot and it did so he was happy.

I went up for a shower turned dial half way so it's just warm...and it runs cold till dial is turned to fully hot. Same issue as 'old' unit

6. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

If old shower worked but stopped and new shower is playing up they must both have a fault. Temperature control is a common fault. Plumber should of fully tested though when fitted.

7. ElliottB

ElliottB New Member

They've both got same issue. He ran it on cold then turned dial to hot and it ran hot so i cant really blame him. Obviously i want it luke warm as i don't wanna get burnt and then realised the issue

8. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

What's the water pressure like..

9. ElliottB

ElliottB New Member

On cold it took 12 seconds to fill a 1 litre jug. Hottest setting took 25 seconds to fill a 1 litre jug

10. ElliottB

ElliottB New Member

Yorkshire water have been out looks like a pressure issue causing it

11. spirits are real 2016

Are they going to do anything about the pressure, what is your main supply pipe made off., and are you on a water meter because im thinking that your main supply pipe has sprung a leak..

12. ElliottB

ElliottB New Member

They going to check for a leak at some point apprently they are lead piping and no water meter

13. spirits are real 2016

Sounds like your going to need a newer bigger water supply pipe..