triton t90 si pump shower. help please.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by kap, Oct 10, 2017.

1. kap

kap Member

hi all.
    can you help please.

we have the triton t90 si pump shower, its about 8 -10 yr old.

its not working...

can it be the thermal cut out.?

the missis was in the shower & she said it was runing old for a few seconds & a strange noise. she turned it off for a few sec's then back on...worked ok for a wash.
    (we have very hard water).

now thinking nothing....
    i went into it other day & nothing .. not working. no sounds. no nothing..& it trips.

is my unit totalled or is it the heater can.? or the thermal cut out.?

ive changed the bushes & solinoide last yr & half ago.

im perpared to re-new the unit. but if it needs 10a for a part & its back up working again...then great.

idea's please you shower pro's.

& also the t90si is pumped tank feed.
    whats the next unit im looking at.?
    is it the t90 sr.?

thanks all. talk to you soon.

2. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Hmmmm sounds like the engine or something is lunched, an ir test would confirm this but I am 95% sure it is stuffed, this would render it uneconomical to repair Kap.

Must admit I first thought it was a power shower when you mentioned the tank fed cold, (was going to ask about the hot) but now know that it is an electric shower..myself have only ever fitted one electric shower and that was fed from the cold main and not cwt, but have fitted quite a few power showers.

https://www.bathshack.com/media/installation_instructions/T90SR instructions.pdf

Might help, then again it might not.

3. kap

kap Member

hi jp.. yes mate i looked at the same link you posted a dew days ago. just too see how (if at all) its different to operate to my own (when it was working).
    im going getting 1 this weekend, 230 euro at the mo' from local hardware store. & think it around this price at b&q, looking forward to it really, spose 10 yrs + out of a shower unit thats used every day once or twice. & on for min' of 15min's at tiime & the water is hard.

thanks for your reply mate. dout its worth it getting tested, a guy told me it was prob' more than likely fried as-well.

thanks jp. laters mate

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

No probs Kap you are a gentleman and a scholar - I wish you all the best m8.

5. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Well-Known Member

Hard water...10 years ?
    What do you reckon ?
    lol
    RS