TRV either full on, or off

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Francis de Aguilar, Jan 11, 2021 at 6:07 PM.

1. Francis de Aguilar

Francis de Aguilar New Member

I have a Kudox TRV on the return side of a rad. It is either full on at 5, if I Close to 4 rad goes cold. Is this a faulty valve, or should I swop it to the flow side? Maybe it is something else.

2. John the plumber31

John the plumber31 Active Member

The vast majority of new TRV,S are bidirectional and can be fitted to either the flow or return, but it is always good practice to fit them to the flow side to be honest. What is your system layout? How many rads? and is it one of the furthest away from your boiler?

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

It's had it I guess.. Swap for new one or see if you can swap the gland.... Some you can

4. John the plumber31

John the plumber31 Active Member

Take the trv head off and turn it fully off with some grips,then put the trv on 0 and put the head back on,then turn it on and see what happens.

5. Francis de Aguilar

Can anyone recommend a good replacement, that is not too expensive?

6. Francis de Aguilar

I will give that a go.

7. Bogart

Bogart New Member

Hi, sorry for hijacking this post but I'm new to forums.
    I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between danfoss pipe stats (ATP) and danfoss cylinder stats (ATC)?
    Obviously the attachments are different but I would assume that they work in the same way.
    The danfoss website doesn't really say much apart from the switching type for the pipe stat.
    The main reason for asking is the price differential.
    Thanks

8. kiaora

kiaora Screwfix Select

hi

without looking it up.

with a cylinder stat you have a hot water satisfied live, you need this for the programmer to work properly.

i don't think the pipe stat has this ?

good luck
    peter

9. Bogart

Bogart New Member

Hi Peter
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'll probably replace the current faulty stat with an ATC.
    I think it'll work fine.
    Cheers
    Murdo