TS55 or TS75

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Gibbo77, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Gibbo77

Gibbo77 New Member

Hi

Am in the throws of replacing my TS55 festool rail saw but unsure wether to shell out for the TS75 instead, does the extra depth cut come at the sacrifice of the precession of the TS55 or can I still achieve same clean cuts but just with extra depth cutting option?
    We fit approx 50 kitchens per year and do all the usual panel and worktop cuts, just wondering anyone uses the TS75 to better effect on general kitchen installs over the TS55?
    Thanks in advance for any thoughts
    Gibbo

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Do you need the extra depth of cut?

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And would the extra weight 4.5kg versus 6.2kg make a difference with all day use.

4. jimoz

jimoz Screwfix Select

Just done those mitred ends on that 40mm worktop its ts55. Didn't cut through on rail so had to run it along worktop using rail as guide.

Can't see where 75mm would benefit you on a kitchen. Doing 56mm firedogs regularly then yeh

5. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I can't think of anything involved in kitchen fitting that would need anything bigger than a TS55...........................unless 60mm tops suddenly become all the rage :D

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have recently reached the limit of the TS55 and thinking of moving up to the TS75 it is a little bit more powerful and has a bigger sole place. Sometimes when cutting thick stock the blade slows before regaining speed.

I haven't heard anything adverse in terms of cutting accuracy on TS75, it just has the extra depth and power. The other alternative is to look at either a Mafell or DeWalt Flexvolt table saw which has a good cross cut width and depth of cut and can be fitted with a fine tooth blade