Tubular Washer / Spacer - what's it called?

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Fingertips, Nov 9, 2017.

  1. Fingertips

    Fingertips New Member

    Hello all,

    I'm not sure if I'm searching for a product that doesn't exist, or I'm stuck because I don't know the correct name.

    I'm basically looking for a tubular washer - a kind of thick tube (or varying length) and various internal diameters that I can use to fit on a bolt and create a "stand-off" from the surface I'm bolting to.

    You tend to get packs of them included with TV VESA mounts, usually made from black nylon, but I'd like to purchase a range of them to use on other projects.

    There are no photos here, but the diagram does at least demonstrate what it is I'm looking for:

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Jackoftrades

    Jackoftrades Well-Known Member

  3. Fingertips

    Fingertips New Member

    Thanks Jackoftrades.

    That isn't quite what I was looking for, but it did give me an idea. I've bought some assorted diameter 1m lengths of thick-walled aluminium tubing. I can cut these to exact length for what I'm looking to do.


Share This Page