Tumble dryer vent position

Discussion in 'Eco Talk' started by Kaz69, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Kaz69

Kaz69 Member

Hi all

I’ve seen the thread on tumble dryer vents and read the advice there but I have a separate question and thought to post.

I’m placing the tumble dryer at floor level where we use to have our washing machine but the vent on the dryer we are looking at is at the bottom of the machine and so to create an outside vent for it the pipe will need to go up and then out, and I’m not sure it that will cause moisture/water build up. The vent won’t be more then 1-2feet length but the vent going up will be in the first 20cm and then out the wall.

Have looked at condensers vs vented and the cost of elec on the condenser models we have looked at are more then the vented ones plus the machines are the same price or vented are cheaper.

Have said about putting it on top of our washing machine but our washing machine sits on a side wall as soon as you walk into the utility room so I’m not sure how safe it would be.

Hope I’ve explained my situation ok if not just let me know.

Cheers

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Some machines have the option of front or rear venting, so there might be a blaking cap on the rear.

Got Bosch condenser here ,not one below, far superior to a vented model, hose goes into washing machine stand pipe goes straight through wall & into drain.
    Just had a look,it's a Bosch WTN85250GB.

https://ao.com/p/reviews/wtn85250gb-bosch-serie-4-condenser-tumble-dryer-white-41235-18

Have a look at this one.

https://ao.com/product/wte84106gb-bosch-serie-4-condenser-tumble-dryer-white-27078-18.aspx

Go through Quidco/TCB will knock a few more pennies off the pice.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  3. Kaz69

Kaz69 Member

Cheers KIAB I’ll take a look,

4. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Well-Known Member

As Kiab suggested, get a new condenser dryer, no vent needed and the dry warm air will heat your house rather than throw the heat outside just because it is wet.