Turbo flush macerator problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jonathan Purkhardt, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Jonathan Purkhardt

Jonathan Purkhardt New Member

Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help me. I bought and installed a brand new turbo flush macerator from screwfix (October 2017). Everything was working and running great, but now the motor won’t kick in when the toilet is flushed. I’ve stripped the machine down, there are no blockages and the electrics are fine, but when the toilet is flushed the macerator doesn’t turn on and all the water obviously backs up. Is it the micro switch?? Is it a sensor?? I’m lost and need help, any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks Jonny

2. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Active Member

has the main fuse gone in the FCU supplying it.

3. Jonathan Purkhardt

Hi, no it hasn’t. There is definitely power going to the unit. I put my volt tester on the wall socket and the wires inside the unit itself. At first I stripped the entire unit to check for blockages, there were none and the motor spins freely by hand, so I connected it all back up and turned the power on and flushed, after about 10 seconds the motor kicked in but wouldn’t turn its self off, so i switched it off at the wall. After another machine strip down and set it all back up the motor just doesn’t seem to be kicking in

4. just pumps

just pumps Active Member

Pull the hose off the tank and blow down towards the pressure switch to test that and dry the pcb with hairdryer whilst your there.

5. Jonathan Purkhardt

That’s my thinking, the pressure switch. I imagine this is the switch that tells the machine when to pump. How do I locate it? As for the pcb, I’ve had the machine stripped and open for a week with the heater on on the bathroom so that should be dry by now surely?

6. just pumps

just pumps Active Member

It is connected to the pcb. Maybe maybe not, use hairdryer whilst it is open.

7. Jonathan Purkhardt

Ok I will do thanks

8. Mosaix

Mosaix Member

Is it out of warranty?

I have a sanibest pro and after 4 years it stopped pumping - just made a humming noise instead.

Called in a maintenance company and they fixed it. Said it was some limescale, although they didn't say where. This is a hard water area.

They recommended, every couple of months, putting soda crystals down the loo, flushing it, turning the unit off halfway through the cycle so that water is sitting in the unit, leaving it for a couple of hours, then restoring power.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  9. just pumps

just pumps Active Member

Different model entirely and there is now a safer way to combat limescale.

Mosaix likes this.
  10. Mosaix

Mosaix Member

Safer in what way, JP?

11. just pumps

just pumps Active Member

Get soda crystals mixed up with caustic soda which has been done or get the mix ratio wrong and you have a mess inside.