Turning existing bath the other way round

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by vazov, Oct 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. vazov

vazov New Member

Hello,

I would appreciate your advice. I would like to turn my bath 180 degrees. I need to extend the current pipes with about 1.5 meters.

I am attaching photos of the existing piping, which is polyplumb. The white wastewater pipe appears to be 40mm, however its walls are slightly thicker than the new 40mm wastepipe I got.

I have tried with flexible tap connectors however there are leaks.

Could you please advise what the best way would be to do this? I have very little plumbing knowledge.

Note: I have received two quotes from plumbers to do the job for me, one is for £180, and one for £280.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

• Bath.jpg
      Bath.jpg
      File size:
      185.8 KB
      Views:
  2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

The best way ,if you dont have much plumbing knowledge would probably be to get a plumber to do it for you.
    If you really want to do it yourself ,the waste pipe can be extended using a compression fitting to join the two 40 mm pipes .
    The supply pipes can be in copper ,or plastic ,and again can be extended with compression fittings . Or push fit fittings if you prefer . Plastic pipes must have pipe stiffeners inserted into them on supply pipes ( plastic waste pipes do not).
    And of course you will need to know how to level the bath ,secure it to the wall,seal it and fit bath panels. Not to mention the selection of tools required .

3. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

With the 40mm waste, compression fittings will generally be compatible with slight size differences.
    Is the leak from the tap connectors?

4. vazov

vazov New Member

Hello,

Thank you both for your replies.

In its original state, there are no leaks.

If I extend the supply pipes using flexible tap connectors, I get leaks from the connection points.

Thank you again.

5. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

I'm not sure what would cause the tap connectors to leak, I presume you mean where they screw onto the tap?

6. andy48

andy48 Screwfix Select

If you are trying to extend the existing supply pipes with flexible hose type pipes, it won't work because the existing pipes terminate in tap connectors. These connectors are not designed to connect to any type of flexible hose, which have different terminations.

7. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Not sure if you’ll get a decent run on the new waste pipe.
    Obviously depends on what height the bath is set at but it’s worth considering.

8. vazov

vazov New Member

Hello,

Thank you for everyone's comments, I have taken all the advice on board and will see what I can do tomorrow.

Thanks a lot.