two mixer shower on gravity fed low pressure system

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by PRAVIN PAWAR, Oct 13, 2019.

1. PRAVIN PAWAR

PRAVIN PAWAR New Member

i have moved house .it has two gravity fed mixer showers. one in en suit (AQUALISA) working fine the other in bath (BRISTAN) need new thermostat.
    will i be able to run two gravity fed showers at same time ( low pressure system),
    i mean should i fix the one which is not working.

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Yes ,assuming they are plumbed in correctly ,and you have sufficient stored hot water. Pressure unlikely to be brilliant on both ,and they should give the same flow simultaneously.

3. PRAVIN PAWAR

PRAVIN PAWAR New Member

4. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    If it helps, 1bar pressure is equal to a cold water tank 10m above the shower outlet.
    So if the shower head is upstairs and the tank in the loft is on a small stand, with luck, you have around 0.2 bar !

so you need a valve that has large holes in it ! That’s capable of working at very low pressure

good luck

peter

5. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Without knowing any details of your plumbing other than " its low pressure ", both the valves you linked will work ,but the flow will not be great ,particularly if both are upstairs ,with the cold water storage tank in the loft . you may wish to consider a power shower, for the main shower. which needs an electric supply and has a small pump built inside it.

kiaora likes this.
  6. PRAVIN PAWAR

PRAVIN PAWAR New Member

thanking you peter, very helpful info

7. PRAVIN PAWAR

PRAVIN PAWAR New Member

thanking you terrymac