Two Printers not Printing

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Paul Blackburn

Paul Blackburn New Member

My wife has just asked me to print something for her as her printer seems to have a problem.I tried to print it on my printer and again it would not print.The document is in the queue on both printers.Both printers are wireless my wife has a HP Deskjet 2540 Series Printer and I have a Brother DCP-J315W Printer.My OS is Windows 7 and my wife 's OS is Windows 8.1 Can anyone help.Thanks.

2. Wayners

Wayners Well-Known Member

Unplug them for 10sec. And the pc..The old on off trick

3. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Active Member

Are they both connecting to the router OK? I think something I'd try is turning the router off and then back on again.

Regards,
    Cando

4. Paul Blackburn

I did the following and both are working

So the first thing you should do is turn off your computer and turn off the printer. Go ahead and restart the wireless router by unplugging it and then waiting 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Then switch on your computer and then switch on the printer. Let everything connect and then try to print again.

The problem now is I only have the first and third LED's lit up on my powerline adapters and the laptop seems much slower.How do I get all three LED's lit
    Thanks for the replies by the way much appreciated

5. Paul Blackburn

I now have all three LED'S lit on the three adapters all I did was press the pair button the first adapter.

6. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Windows 8.1 not my favourite OS.

Powerline adapters never been a fan of them,some are better than others, don't know what model you have, but I tried some & had a lot of hassle, ended up running Cat 5e for better speed & reliability.

7. Paul Blackburn