Two types of folk

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 22, 2017.

1. No call for that sort of language.

Twit.

2. I...but...I...um...

Hey! It's where YOU come from too! And that's another prime example of me not believing everything I find on t'net.

Filly, you are truly unbelievable.

3. And just recently on another thread, his comments about comments, that resulted in my comment of

Pot
    Kettle
    Black

which didnt get any response.

But it didnt take long to expose himself, again.

4. 'Expose himself'! Ooh-err.

(I've just raised the tone of this thread.)

Filly et Longs et Mr Ha - what a team. Good for now't except a laff.

5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I think we can safely lay this thread to rest now, safe in the knowledge that, DA, and JoT's kangaroo court style of reasoning has been superceded by a more rational system that relies on evidence to explore likely probabilities.

Their ever greater reliance on an edited video whilst ignoring all other sources of information shows that they must indeed know that their 'jumping the gun' approach has become a mockery.

Will they admit it?
    Will they eck.

Keep on digging, boys.

6. Oh dear.

Clearly, from the evidence presented, the support of aggression is appalling.

Kangaroo or fists? The farmer is wrong, unless you have EVIDENCE to say otherwise

7. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

8. :D Longs is calling on the spirit of btiw2 :D

Good lawd.

9. And a balanced report it appears to be.

Not too surprised at this bit:

'Tim Bonner, chief executive at the Countryside Alliance, told Farmers Weekly: “It is completely unacceptable that masked extremists continue to harass farmers, hunts and other rural people.

“Their aim is to create fear and chaos and it should be no surprise that such behaviour generates a strong reaction.”'

How he paints sabs as "masked extremists...whose aim is to create fear and chaos..."

Hmmmm. I don't think a representative of the sabs would try and paint all farmers as John Deere-sporting psychopaths?

10. A bit more help for longs and the others advocating violence as a fair means of removing tresspassers.

So, who is in the right?
    Trespass

Under the Crimes Act 1961, Britons have the right to use “reasonable force” to remove someone trespassing on their property.

The farmer insisted he is in the right, because it is “his land,” but the law does not give him the right to act as he pleases.

Reasonable force does not include striking a person or inflicting bodily harm.

However, the sabs group said police have been informed and no action has been taken so far.

Hunting

Moreover, the Hunting Act 2004 banned the use of dogs for hunting in Britain, although it allows for drag hunting.

Drag hunting is held across the country when dogs are allowed to follow an artificial scent.

However, real animals are often caught up in this and killed.

Let me know if you need any bits highlighting?

Oh, and apparantly, it wasnt even his land.

11. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I didn't make a follow up comment until somebody else had.

Your comment is exactly how I read it, re: Tim Bonner comment especially.

I bet John Deere are pleased to be associated with such a calm and laid back farmer. :p:p:p

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I think we can safely lay this thread to rest now, safe in the knowledge that, DA, and JoT's kangaroo court style of reasoning has been superceded by a more rational system that relies on evidence to explore likely probabilities.

Their ever greater reliance on an edited video whilst ignoring all other sources of information shows that they must indeed know that their 'jumping the gun' approach has become a mockery.

Will they admit it?
    Will they eck.

Keep on digging, boys.

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

No ya weren't :D :D :D :D

14. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

There are over one hundred elements on the periodic table.
    They're quite fundamental.

There are seventeen sub-atomic particles in the standard model.
    They're very fundamental.

But someone give DA a nobel prize, as he's gone one step futher.
    Apparently, there are just two types of folk.
    Who knew? I didn't. Perhaps the other type of folk did.

Let me guess: Nice, gentle, empathetic remainers and nasty, brutish brexiteers?

If I've learnt one thing from pop culture (and I probably haven't) - it's that only the Sith deal in absolutes (and Swedes deal in Absolut).

Before the Iraq war President W Bush famously said "You're either with us, or against us".
    I think DA prefers "You're either with u-s, or against u-s"

longboat likes this.
  15. This is MY thread, and it's about the TWO types of folk who comment on this incident - so there. I think it speaks volumes.

As - sigh - well you know, btiw2.

One type looks at the vid and concludes - based on what they see - that the farmer is a bit of a thug, is overly aggressive, takes real risks in causing genuine and serious injury to other people, continues on in the same manner, does not 'get his act together' or 'come to his sense' or calm down even tho' the sabs are amazingly passive (or terrified) and immediately back away. They notice that this farmer is instead bolstered by their lack of retaliation/reaction and even starts to verbally 'swagger' with remarks like "anyone else?!"

So, one 'type' concludes that the farmer is a bit of a yob and thug and has an 'attitude' towards a particular 'kind' of fellow man (Longs calls them 'shirkers'...) that he senses and considers is inferior to him. The farmer appears to make a judgement on these 'sabs' based on an assumption (his) of a type of human being.

So, one type of commentator seems to think the farmer is a bit of an a***.

The other 'type' of commentator supports the farmer in everything he does - and loves what he's doing. For exactly the same reasons - they perceive the 'sabs' as a type, one that is beneath them. Regardless of what they have actually witnessed, they are desperate to try and find justification and even conspiracies - a 'highly edited' video, provocative 'taunting' by the sabs, a long 'history' of confrontation between the protagonists etc etc to bolster their already-formed bigoted opinion.

So, ho-hum, btiw2, that is the two 'types' I refer to - the respondents to this video on line, and on here. (Not - yawn - the population of the whole world.)

I, of course, also love the chance to make this point to show the absolute and direct parallels (as I see them) betwixt the farmer's supporters - their language, their swagger, their cynicism, their bigotry - and that of all Brexi... DAMN! I mean MOST Bre... YIKES!. Ok, then - MANY Bexiters.

Of course I do mean 'most'.

I think the parallels are so obvious that they are obvious.

But - sorry - I don't have any graphs or charts or links to back me up.

Which is why I would - if I could - with huge confidence place a sizeable bet on these last two 'characters' also being rabid Brexiters (if they even bothered to vote).

The farmer himself? I think I know what's in his mind when it comes to 'others'. But whether he voted Leave or Remain would almost certainly have come down to one simple thing - what will hit his pocket.

There, btiw2. And for all the lack of charts, I am also pretty sure of one other thing - you, in yer head - grudgingly largely agree.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2017
  16. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Thanks for telling me what I know and what I agree with; it saves me the effort of coming up with an opinion.

17. For once, btiw2 gave a predictable response :)

And, you are welcome.

18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

19. Who's that. Filly - ISIS?

20. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

ISIS??

I Sabotage I Stupid.

Yes I think you're right, it is.

fillyboy and longboat like this.