Typical cost to install programmable wireless thermostat?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Jon12345, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Jon12345

Jon12345 New Member

I am looking to get a Honeywell T3R wireless thermostat. What would be the typical installation cost for an electrician for this job in the south east? And how long does it take them?

We would probably buy the thermostat itself.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  2. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Is this a new installation, or is this to replace an existing thermostat?
    If so, what type is it?

Usually it’s a simple job. Expect there to be a minimum call out charge plus materials. Allow £100.
    but, it depends on what is there already!

3. Jon12345

Jon12345 New Member

4. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Depending on your current programmer there could be easier options.
    Something like this could be an easy diy job as it may simply clip on to the existing programmers back plate.
    2D3F334A-691B-457D-9DC1-25A5BAAABD9A.jpeg

5. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Ok. Still allow £100.

Cost of a job may seem high, but there are always baseline costs that mean you’ll always start with having to pay 2 hours as a minimum.
    I started out taking a few little jobs a day and charging an hour. But you can’t fill an 8 hour day with one hour jobs. The best you can do is 4 or maybe 5.

Then you have to add travel time & cost. And paperwork time, maybe have to go to the bank to pay in that cheque, etc etc. It all adds up.

6. BillyBobToo

BillyBobToo Active Member

It depends on the type of system you have how much work is involved.
    Without seeing it, there can only be guess work.

7. Jon12345

Jon12345 New Member

@Baaza, as mentioned, it is to go along with several other jobs, including replacing wall lights etc. Actually, might be good for me to find typical prices for those!

We have a wall light that we want to remove and make safe. What would the labour cost for that typically be?

Also, we have two wall lights operated by the same switch. They are really old fashioned, so I just want to replace with two spotlights I will buy from Amazon. What sort of labour cost for that?