Ukraine

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by dubsie, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Alan22

Alan22 Screwfix Select

The catch there is this would be in effect a world war, No3, and Putin has been quite clear about using nuclear weapons on anyone attacking Russia.

2. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

I agree which is why we should stay out of it. If the Ukraine fell, the world would move on.....the same does not apply to Russia. If Russia implodes who knows what the outcome would be. Little chance of a moderate democracy taking charge.

3. Alan22

Alan22 Screwfix Select

I tend to fall on the other side, looks to me that if Putin is allowed to ignore international law then we run the risk of losing the structures that prevent international mayhem, allow the swallowing of Ukraine and Lithuania would be next, and so on, we can draw comparisons with western military interventions but countries like Russia, China and others are quite capable of systematically killing populations for political gain, I think emboldening or even just ignoring that is very dangerous for the international community in the long run.