underfloor heating flow meter problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by happydays129, Dec 5, 2017.

1. happydays129

happydays129 New Member

I noticed that one of the underfloor heating flow meter red indicators (see pic attached) constantly points to (nearly) 3 L/min (see the picture attached), even when heating is not in use; Other indicators will move back to zero when not being heated. I am a bit concerned. Is it shown some leaking in underfloor heating (although no visible leakage)? Or inefficient underfloor heating? Is it normal?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Attached Files:

2. happydays129

happydays129 New Member

No one knows what's happened?:( if you need more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

3. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    It’s nothing to worry about, the red markers are just plastic things, that help with balance the system, and bits of **** running round the system make them stick,
    They look really clean now, but often they are very dirty, in fact quite dark..

Regards
    Peter

happydays129 likes this.
  4. happydays129

happydays129 New Member

Thanks Peter.

5. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

That flow meter may just need cleaning although it looks clean dirt can accumulate around the spindle in the manifold.

wunda have video on cleaning a fm

But Is that circuit actually working ?

6. happydays129

happydays129 New Member

How can I tell if that circuit actually working? When heating is on, I can feel that that loop is as hot as other 2 loops at both side, which control one bedroom and en suite, and the thermometer is changing gradually.