underlay for temporary lino to protect oak wood flooring

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Hester Malin, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Hester Malin

Hester Malin New Member

Hello everyone,

I am setting up a temporary bathroom in my current sitting room for a wheelchair user. They are having work done to the house for a few months before they can use the bathroom upstairs, so need the tv room as a temporary bathroom which will turn back into the normal tv room after a few months. There is currently hard wood oak flooring down which they want to protect, so have been suggested to use vinyl sheet roll. However, other people have mentioned that this can melt onto the oak flooring and damage it. Someone else mentioned plywood underlay or normal underlay, but this might cause the lino to sweat. There is also the option for click lock floating vinyl tiles or jumpex underlay. Can anyone help with this issue? Not sure what the best options are to save the oak flooring.

Attached Files:

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

On the basis that the floor will need to be sanded and finished again once the works complete, fix hardboard down with double sided tape or a couple of thin beads of expanding foam.

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Hard board. Tape joints then cover in correx boards taping joints... Both at are around £4 for 8x4 sheets available at the most DIY stores...
    X:board is another you can look at.... I've used all these.