Undiluted ‘mist coat’

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Underdog, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Underdog

Underdog New Member

Advice please!
    We have been working toward completely renovating our sitting room. Walls scraped back to bare plaster and damaged spots filled and sanded. Today we used no nonsense trade bare plaster for the mist coat…. But… we didn’t dilute it. It’s fairly warm at the moment and the walls are old bare plaster, so bone dry. Is this a fail that requires complete removal by sanding as there’s insufficient moisture to allow a proper soaking bond, or am I concerned unnecessarily?
    Many thanks,
    Rich

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

will be ok

Astramax likes this.
  3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

What does the application instructions advise? To be honest I wouldn't worry as it maybe already diluted as it is a sealer.

4. Underdog

Underdog New Member

It says to dilute up to 40%. What I don’t know is whether that is telling you how thin you can dilute it and it still work or that it absolutely needs to be diluted. My wife has a memory of being told it didn’t need to be diluted by a professional decorator but I’m not seeing that viewpoint much online, although as you say, I haven’t seen anything about this product.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Stop worrying and move on............... or do the Duct Tape test.

CGN likes this.