Unknown Brown adhesive on new build floor?

Discussion in 'Job Talk' started by Wayne C, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Wayne C

Wayne C New Member

I’ve just taken over a two year old flat and the laminate flooring was took op prior to me moving in. Trouble is there is a brown sticky adhesive substance on the concrete floor (why anyone would use this horrible adhesive is beyond me). Anyways I’ve tried everything to shift it steam stripper / paint stripper / white spirit / scrapping it off / wire brush etc etc. It just won’t come off it’s incredibly sticky and it’s becoming a pain to be honest. I tomorrow will attempt to heat it with a heat gun and scrape it off but I doubt that will shift it. Can anyone recommend a product that will remove unknown floor adhesive?. Something that will cover Around 10 ft x 10ft square and will make my life easier. I’m due to move my furniture in at the weekend but want this horrible adhesive gone. It’s brown in colour and doesn’t shift easily. I was considering this goo gone stuff would that do it?.

many help appreciated.

the flat is a new build approx 2 years old.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I find brake cleaner is pretty good at shifting stuff like that but who knows if it will work for you.

Take care not to set the adhesive alight with a heat gun.

masterdiy likes this.