Unusal washer for cistern

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Ndola19, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Ndola19

Ndola19 New Member

Hi,

I am looking for a washer for my cistern inlet for a bathroom suite I bought from B&Q (sorry).
    B&Q have stopped selling these suites and also stopped selling the replacement (diaphragm) washer.
    The washer is about 27mm (dia) with the centre fitted with a grey plastic insert. The plastic has a small locating pin which goes through a small hole located below the centre.

If necessary, I can supply a picture but hope someone can point me in the right direction.

THANK YOU.

2. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Hi Ndola19, I'm not 100% certain, but i think from what you have described, you need a TORBECK DIAPHRAM WASHER,
    I normally get these replacement parts from PLUMB CENTRE.

If you search for www.wolseley.co.uk, then type in C/54/076, see if this is what you are after!!!!

Or just find your local branch nearest to you and pop in and ask them, They are as "cheap as chips"!!!!!

Regards, Snezza30

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Take the washer to any decent plumbers merchant, they should be able to supply a new one - if not then fit a new Fluidmaster inlet valve - Screwfix sell them.

4. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

Actually sounds like a Siamp Diaphragm.
    B and Q do sell them but they are labelled Wirquin Siamp Diaphragm (for some strange reason)

They are about £2.38 from B and Q

Your local Plumbcenter or PTS most probably will stock them

5. GKU

GKU New Member

:^O :^O LOL , here we go , Saturday night is upon us again :^O :^O

6. GKU

GKU New Member

I think someone is trying to get you going again Dudley ;)

7. GKU

GKU New Member

Have'nt you noticed that there is always a thread about WC's on Friday & Saturday nights :^O

8. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

Well...No.. I just thought that DIYers would be doing their toilets at weekend!