Unused space in kitchen?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Alan Sausse, Feb 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Alan Sausse

Alan Sausse Member

My kitchen isn’t particularly big and I’m forever short of storage space. In the attached photo, I’m looking at 3 unused bits of space A, B and C, on the side of my kitchen that has my sink and my dishwasher. Is there any room to sneak some extra cupboards in?

I’m assuming cupboards directly above the sink are a no-no (bang head when washing dishes etc.)

My kitchen is fairly old and in maybe 5 years’ time I’ll replace the whole thing. I’m wondering what I could do in the mean time to improve things - possibly by picking up some cheap secondhand units & painting them to match what I already have.

Grateful for any suggestions...
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Shelving on section A? And you could fit a wall cabinet on the left wall in B

3. Daveukleics

Daveukleics Member

The trouble with wall units is they make your kitchen look smaller. You already mentioned how your kitchen is not very big so units will close it even further.
    Shelves at the most as already mentioned above unless you really need cupboard space.