Uphill soil pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Ding, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Ding

Ding Member

Need some advice for a soil pipe. Builder has put in soil pipe for downstairs toilet in the corner of the room which is concreted in and goes under the floor to the drain. Because of where the pipe is, I’ve had to use a flexi out of the toilet and swept it round to the right to meet the soil pipe which sticks up about 1 inch from the floor. I have then put a short boss on the soil pipe to feed in the sink waste which has raised the soil pipe another 4 inches. The flexi is then in the top of that short boss. There doesn’t seem to be any issue with the flush but I’m not happy with the raise at the end of the flexi where I’ve had to create a bend where it goes from horizontal to vertical into the pipe. My concern is if someone does a half decent ***** will there be enough pressure to get the waste around the bend. I did think about putting in a 90 bend into the boss and feeding the flexi into that. It would sort out the small bend I’ve created but I’d probably then create a higher gradient for the waste to travel up to. I’m probably looking at 18 inches from the pan to soil pipe. Any help would be appreciated

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Show us a picture of your installation.

3. Ding

Ding Member

Attached Files:

4. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

Whats the practicality of replacing the boss with a tight bend and using Screwfix 2807r for connection. Means your sink connection is otherside of toilet though.

5. Ding

Ding Member

I don’t get any result for 2807r. The boss has been glued on now but I could multi tool it off. As for the sink connection, it’s already connected to the boss on the other side of that white wall.

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Your set up is likely to back flow ,but if it works then leave it be ,see how it goes. You may be opening a can of works cutting out the solvent welded fitting.
    If you do decide to bite the bullet ,scrap it all. Fit an angled pan connector horizontal from WC ,into another angled pan connector into floor . The one going into floor would need to be of the type that has a built in inlet boss for your waste pipe.

7. Ding

Ding Member

That’s appreciated. I’ll give it a chance. Like you say once I’ve cut the boss off I could create myself a mammoth task.

8. Ding

Ding Member

What about if I cut the soil pipe flush with the floor and then use one of the drain sockets. 4255V. Then stick in a horizontal branch. 12454

9. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

Sorry 1807r