Upvc Bath Trim

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mr Mike, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

Morning All,

Was just searching previous threads for some help in the best way to go about sealing the edges around our bath, where we have up to 20mm gaps and came across the following thread:

http://www.screwfix.com/talk/thread.jspa?forumID=25&threadID=19119&messageID=184547#184547

Rather than taking away the bottom row of tiles (above the bath) and retiling, I'm inclined to go the upvc trim route recommended by Mr. Handyandy. I don't think it'll look a 'botch' if fitted neatly.

So, finally to my question....can anyone recommend a good make of upvc trim to go for and where best to get it from ? Would I use the normal bathroom silicone to seal it with ?

All help much appreciated !

Cheers.......Mike.

2. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

Thankyou....absolutely invaluable advice.

Dunno what I'd do without this forum.

I'll get me coat......x

3. SDSMax

SDSMax New Member

b&q sell plastic bath trim in various shades, I always use a good quality clear silicone sealer as it looks neater than white.

4. contractor

contractor Guest

Try typing bath seal in Screwfix search.

61900 Teleseal Shower Seal .

Made for the job.

5. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

Thanks SDS, Thanks Contractor.....I found your earlier thread singing the praises of Teleseal.

I'll give it a go....

Cheers........Mike.