upvc fitters

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Radders, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Radders

Radders New Member

Hi, I have a glazed roofed conservatory ( 8yr old), I'm about to install an internal ceiling as follows:-

baton to struts, superquilt insulation , batton then 3 plank upvc cladding.

My question is, do I need ventilation, if yes how?

2. MrBreakIt

MrBreakIt New Member

I've looked at similar options and thought about putting some vent holes in the uPVC facia that covers the ring beam as there is a gap between the top of this timber and the poly sheets. So small holes where the poly overhangs into the gutter. This would allow air circulation between the poly and the foil. Then have a good seal between the foil and the inside of your room before the cladding goes up.

I'm considering just putting 50-70mm celotex in-between the glazing bars in contact with the poly sheet, then sealing around.

Just trying to get some advice myself.

3. Radders

Radders New Member

Checked on you tube and certain posters suggest ventilation not needed providing good seal on ( I fit superquilt). Morning after insulation fitted I noticed small area of condensation where the 'seal' wasent very good so spent time doubling up on the seal.

Just finished an hour ago, 4mtr x 2mtr took me 3days hard graft plus wife to help with long pieces. Enjoyed it but knackered