UPVC windows

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Conradfan, Apr 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Conradfan

Conradfan New Member

I have a upvc window made of white upvc which has mahogany coloured foil on the outside. It's about 30 years old and is in good condition except the foil which has started peeling off in places because of strong sunlight and salt spray from the sea a quarter mile away. I have been unable to find any firm that can repair the foil so I suppose I will have to do paint the frame. Can anyone suggest:

1 a firm in the Bristol area who might be able to replace the foil

2 the best primer and mahogany coloured top coat to use

Thanks everyone

2. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

I have not heard of any company that can re apply the foil as they are applied during manufacturing.

best thing is to rub down the frame and apply paint (primer/undercoat/topcoat) specifically designed for UPVC although many here have applied other paints with satisfactory results.

I know many in my area who have painted their oak/mahogany foil white, grey or even black.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Look at the Bedec MSP range if paints, limited colours available. Sandtex do PVCu paints as do Ronseal.

4. Phil the Decorator

Phil the Decorator Active Member

if the wrap is peeling, you need to address that first.