Urgent advice please

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Big Ali, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Big Ali

Big Ali New Member

I'm in the middle of having a kitchen fitted and I'm getting increasingly worried. Things are having to be redone because they were done differently from whst was discussed and there has been some carelessness causing damage to my fridge freezer and dishwasher. These issues have always been explained away however so I've let it go as long as it's right in the end.

However, some of the laminate worktops were fitted on Friday but all the cuts are chipped, some really badly. He's telling me that it doesn't matter because they will be sealed together with resin that will fill any chips and gaps.

Does this sound right? Surely it won't be the sale colour as the wood. I'd really appreciate some advice.

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Can you post up some pics of the worktops Alison ? It would help a lot to actually see them.
    If the worktops are cut and that cut is a finished edge, there should be no chips whatsoever.

3. Scott Green

Scott Green Member

Are you using a kitchen fitter or a builder that can fit kitchens? Worktop edges should not have any chips in. Anyone passing it off as they can just fill it sounds a bit iffy to me

Astramax likes this.
  4. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Please post a picture or two but....

Laminate worktops should not be chipped when cut. If they are then he is using the wrong too or wrong technique. Never have I fitted s kitchen yet with chipped worktops...

5. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Well Alison, your leaving it a bit late in the day for "Urgent Advice" posted at 7.51am this morning to actually get back to us ? If the fitter is back tomorrow morning it will be far too late.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

It is possible that Alison is unaware of the replies if she didn't tick the correct box when the thread was created.

7. Big Ali

Big Ali New Member

Sorry, just arrived home from visiting my Mum in hospital . I tried to post pictures this morning but it said they were too big. Will try again now

8. Big Ali

Big Ali New Member

Visiting my Mum in hospital, palliative care and she's 100 miles away . As important as the kitchen is she's taking priority but thanks for the advice

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  9. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Perhaps post them from you phone Alison, the file size will be small.

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Try Tiny Pic or similar to resize your photo's

http://tinypic.com/

11. Big Ali

Big Ali New Member

View attachment 32115

Attached Files:

12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

NO NO NO NO......................that has been routed the wrong way round. Any more pics Alison ?

13. Big Ali

Big Ali New Member

Attached Files:

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Classic mistake.:(

16. Big Ali

Big Ali New Member

He's a kitchen fitter

17. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

NO NO NO NO as well, that has been routed the wrong way round as well.

KIAB likes this.
  18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:eek:

If so, he just wouldn't make that error.

19. Big Ali

Big Ali New Member

Yes, there's 6 cut edges so far and they're all the same. Do you want more pics?

20. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

No he's not, he's a numpty. To put the joint right will need a new worktop. The second pic, if it's re-routed in the right direction may well be ok.

KIAB likes this.