Using a roller to paint pebbledash

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Retired, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Retired

Retired Guest

I have started painting a semi which has unpainted pebbledash.
    Its a long job with a brush, but coverage is good and one coat looks just fine.
    Was thinking of switching to a roller for the longer wall and have bought a long haired roler which claims to be recommended for pebbledash.

My question:

Should I dilute the Johnstones Stormshield smooth magnolia with water or go on neat?

2. Burlington Bertie

Burlington Bertie New Member

Use a long haired sheepskin roller and do not dilute. For best coverage and ease of application load the roller heavily. Ps You could have saved yourself a lot of time and effore by using the sheepskin roller instead of the brush for the first coat

3. decorator A1

decorator A1 New Member

I agree with B Bertie

4. Burlington Bertie

I followed the link to your website and all I can say is it's a complete load of rubbish! All it does is kid people that is they have a damp problem your product is the only thing that will cure the problem and all exterior coatings except yours are rubbish. This is supposed to be a forum, not somewhere for you to kid Joe the punter that they shuld use your products. But you don't say that it will still be dirty after 2-3 years just like any other external paint/coating. Why don't you just advertise your services like we do in an honest way. Like the others guys on here I have seen these so calle never paint again coatings (sprayed over gutters, downpipes, cables, window frames and anything else that happens to be on the outside of a property. You say that the coating last for 20 or more years and does'nt fade. peel etc. etc.

5. Burlington Bertie

And it shows what you know about painting when you say 'after wearing out 10 brushes or breaking 5 rollers'.

Have you ever actually painted a house? I do them all the time and use the same sheepskin roller several times even for really rough pebbledash