Vailiant EcoPro Keeps Losing Pressure

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by TP91, Feb 27, 2021.

1. TP91

TP91 New Member

Hi All,

We had a new Vailiant EcoPro 30 installed few days go, it was all working find providing heating and hot water. Today i keep getting F22 code, i have topped it up via the loop to 1.5 Bars but every few hours keeps dropping down to 0.4 or below. Cant see any leaks at the moment,

Any advice on what it can be causing this?

Thank You

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Leak on the central heating pipework / radiators.
    Or being lost through the boiler,it's pressure relief valve is most common . Outside property there should be a copper pipe ,see if water has been coming from it .

3. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

If it was a sealed system before then chances are the leak is on the new pipework near the boiler.
    If the system was converted for gravity fed to sealed then it could literally be anywhere.
    Check all the radiators and fittings including the magnetic filter.

4. TP91

TP91 New Member

Checked the outside pipe and it is dry, i bled the radatiors, pressure was at 1.2 and now dropped to 0.7.

We used to have 2 sepreate units, one for the central heating and and a water heater, checked the vavles and radiators they are dry and secure

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  5. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Bleeding radiators will drop pressure ??
    Was your previous system pressurised ,did you ever need to top up pressure ?
    Are there any c/ heating pipes
    below ground floor level ,buried in concrete or in a void below floorboards ?
    If boiler was installed a few days ago , the installers should return . Have you contacted them ?

6. TP91

TP91 New Member

The previous system was not pressurised, we have central heating pipes running under the lamianited flooring in the 3 bedrooms and bathroom plus running on the ground floor, they are voids below the floorboards.it was at 1.2 bars and now 0.4 (F22) code

I tried to contact them, however they are closed on the weekends and dont have an out of hours number.

7. TP91

TP91 New Member

Can i keep topping up via the loop or is not recommended?

8. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

You can carry on topping up for a day or so . Inhibitor in the system will probably need topping up . Unfortunately,it sounds like a leaking joint , can sometimes happen when you change to a sealed / pressurised system ( pressure is a lot higher now).
    Just top up enough to keep boiler running in the short term.
    If Pipework to rads is below laminate flooring on ground floor you obviously will not see any signs of water loss.

9. TP91

TP91 New Member

Thank you, i found 2 radiators which had a blister at the bottom and is leaking water, turned off the valves for the 2 and topped up the pressure...An hour later back down to 0.

Must be another leak somwhere. Will need to check under the floorboards.

10. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select

It will show itself eventually, sounds like it is loosing a fair bit. Do you have pipes set in concrete floor downstairs?

11. TP91

TP91 New Member

We have pipes under the floorboards, opened them up last night and cant see any water across the pipes or any and puddles