Vaillant Boiler Pressure Loss

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by stonemason, Feb 14, 2020.

1. stonemason

stonemason New Member

My daughter has a 1 bedroom flat in London which she lets through an agent. The agent is constantly having to call out a engineer to repair boiler due to pressure loss. The boiler is only 10 years old, but she is considering replacing the boiler due to high cost of repairs!

I'm not convinced this is the answer, but would appreciate your thoughts on this problem

2. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

A couple of visits should identify if the leak is due to the boiler or the system.
    On the boiler the heat exchanger, vessel and prv need checked.
    All pipework and valves also need checked. There could be a leak under the floor but process of elimination should point to the cause.

How often does the pressure drop?

masterdiy likes this.
  3. stonemason

stonemason New Member

Hi Mike,

Not sure if I'm honest, as its a let property, but my daughter thinks buying a new boiler as a cheaper option than keep repairing the exiting one.

4. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

If you do go for a new boiler, stick with Vaillant. It will be a straight swop, & an easy job.
    Providing of course it is the boiler.

5. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Imagine changing the boiler and the pressure loss persists.
    The boiler/system needs checked over by someone who’s competent.

Muzungu likes this.
  6. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Switch off the boiler and close the outlet valves on the boiler and see if the pressure still drops, if it does, the leak is in the boiler.

7. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Their repair people will just get it up and working,you really need a heating technician to investigate why the system is dropping pressure before deciding on a new boiler.

Heck,thats past it's best for a rental property.