Vaillant e242 no power

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Lapot, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

No. As per my diagram, in series.

2. Lapot

Lapot Member

Lectrician you are absolutely a genius. You have been a great help. All the connections done (thank to your easy diagrams).working smoothly touch wood. :)

3. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

4. Horseyian

Horseyian New Member

Hi Lectrician, I have the same problem, trying to fit a single channel timer, but I do not have a room thermostst fitted. The timer is a Sangamo CHPPR1. Manual timer fitted before has broken

5. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

You should really start a new thread rather than dragging up a 5 year old thread.

If you do not have a thermostat, you should get one, otherwise you are wasting gas heating the room up beyond a reasonable temperature as the boiler will continue to run (although cycling) when the timer is on! A basic mechanical thermostat from out host is only £12, plus a few £ for cable and clips !

Bazza likes this.
  6. Horseyian

Horseyian New Member

Hi, I thought it was ok as most of the info is still relevant. Every radiator has a thermostat fitted and all set at different levels depending on how much heat we require in each individual room. Thats why we never had a room themostat. Tx