Vaillant turbo max plus 828e hot water issues

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Ibbo92, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Ibbo92

Ibbo92 New Member

Hi all looking for advice on a Vaillant turbo max plus 828e combi boiler which is 10 years old.when the central heating is in use or just switched off i struggle to get hot water from the taps. i can get luke warm water if i run the tap slowly. other wise i have to leave the heating off hours to get hot water.i've heard that the diverter valve could need replacing but not sure any advice would be much appreciated

2. graceland

graceland Active Member

yes could well be diverter valve but possibly soemthing else too. diverter valve isnt really a diy job and you should def not get involved if youre not gas registered or don't have a clue. you might get a used spare on ebay if moneys tight. then get fitter to install

3. Ibbo92

Ibbo92 New Member

was thinking along the same lines but ive heard that diverter valves rarely go wrong thats why i was double checking cheers

4. midlands heating

midlands heating New Member

your problem most likely to be domestic hot water plate to plate heat exchanger partially blocked or scaled.
    Usually divertor valve problem is no hot water at all and boiler will not fire.
    when hot water is on see if you can hear boiler cycling on and off and this will confirm that it is plate to plate.

MH

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

10 year old combi! Must be a record!

Bin it!

6. 10 year old combi! Must be a record!

Bin it!

Yep, that sounds like a record alright, don't you think it's time you changed it now.
    leaky kex that is, not the op.

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Aye, records stuck stuck stuck stuck stuck stuck

8. marono

marono New Member

Hi!
    I have a 824e combi. There is heating but the dhw is just lukewarm. I changed the diverter valve and the 3 ntc`s but the problem is still exists. I think that the secondary heat exchanger is is blocked or scaled. The flame is not steady 6-10mbar and sometimes cycles on and off. Have got any idea?

9. marono

marono New Member

Hi there!

Does the heating flow get hot when you turn the hot tap on?
    If not probably dhw heat exchanger blocked