VAILLANT TURBOMAX COMBI PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by fronnie_5, Jan 15, 2009.

1. fronnie_5

fronnie_5 New Member

Hi all,

Been to a job to look a vaillant turbomax vuw 242e standard combi. The problem is very intermittent. The boiler works fine on Heating. However when they turn hot water on it goes to flame failure, when they reset boiler it fires back up no problem apprently. I say appareently beacausei have been round 3 times and when im there it never ever fails, which ia always the case lol. It also happens if the heating is not on and they use hot water on its own. Any ideas please

2. fronnie_5

fronnie_5 New Member

anyone??

3. silversurfer$$

silversurfer$$ New Member

A little more detail on the model would be good !

Get into the fault code memory by pressing + & i together you can then scroll through the last 10 faults, they will start with an F then a number that you can look up in the manual ie F28 (boiler lockout due to gas supply issues or ignition issues) this will give you a very good starting point.

cheers

j

4. silversurfer$$

silversurfer$$ New Member

sorry ignore that i didnt see it was a VUW so no memory, im afraid your have to start with the basics of burner and working pressures, check electrode position and lead condition, ask when it locks out is it immediate or after the water has been running / does the red led (burner ignition failure) come on when it locks out ? if so that narrows it down to ignition rather than overheat.. From memory there are some other leds on the control panel that help with fault finding the VUW range but i dont have a manual to hand right now.

cheers

j

5. fronnie_5

fronnie_5 New Member

Hi thanks for the answers, its never happened while i have been there. But yes the red led for burner does come on.There doesnt appear to be any particular time it fails. It can happen straight away, half way through a bath or when it wants according to the customer.