valliant ecotec plus

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Larry123, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Larry123

Larry123 Member

hi all
    fitted this boiler last week its a combi as you may know only difference being the rads and towel rails were zoned to be used seperately with hw on demand.
    the sparks wired this not me! when you turn the rads on on the prog let it fire up the flame and radiator display comes up then turn it off on the prog the flame goes off as it should but the radiator symbol starts flashing then if you try turning it on again it wont fire without resetting though the whole time the hw will fire. i have checked the manual but nothing is said. has anyone come across this before?

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Get them back then!

3. Larry123

Larry123 Member

sparks looked at it he reckons his wirings fine you know what there like!

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

and the plumber.....

5. Larry123

Larry123 Member

me, i never had this before im unfamiliar with the boiler thats y im asking if anyone else has come across it?

6. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Speak to Vaillant then!

7. Larry123

Larry123 Member

just thought i would see if anyone on here knew!

8. silversurfer$$

silversurfer$$ New Member

Not wishing to be rude its not my style but did you check the manual ??? if you do i think you will probably find the flashing radiator sign signals the boiler is in anti cycle mode. Thats what its designed to do to stop nuisance continual firing.

j

9. del forbes

del forbes New Member

Hello Larry.
    You need to fit a timer relay for two reasons.
    1. when the boiler stops the zone valves need to be kept open for a minute.

2. a separate contact to the switched live on the boiler to ensure a "clean supply".

10. silversurfer$$

silversurfer$$ New Member

You need to fit a timer relay for two reasons.
    1. when the boiler stops the zone valves need to be kept open for a minute.

I dont understand this could you explain some more please on why the zones need to be kept open for a minute ?

thanks

j