Van Insurance?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by HeatingSupport, Jun 28, 2010.

1. HeatingSupport

HeatingSupport New Member

I've got a 19 year old plumber working for me, he's been doing his apprenticeship since he left school at 16, got his NVQ level 2 and three and is about 6months off getting his ACS / Gas quals.

The problem is, i run Ford Transits with Medium Wheel Base, Medium Height Roof, To carry good van stock and get full lengths of pipe inside for security.

To stop myself boring you all, the point is, no one will insure him due to his age! but i need to get him out in the van.

Does anyone else know of any firms that will insure young drivers on Vans, NOT cars. and not charge in excess of three grand for the pleasure??!

Thanks

HeatSup

2. M.J.H Carpentry

M.J.H Carpentry New Member

im a 19 year old and i own a ford transit swb, i have 1 years ncb and they want £1600 a year but when ive got 2 years ncb it will go down to about £900. that is from budget insurance. If your trying to put him on your company insurance i dont think you can untill he's 25 dont quote me but that what an old firm told me i used to work for, hope this helps mate

3. ian anderson

ian anderson New Member

4. busy builder

busy builder New Member

get him a butchers bike ;)

5. ian anderson

ian anderson New Member

Or, at 19, he probably still has his scooter.........

6. !!

!! Active Member

Or, at 19, he probably still has his scooter.........

Or go hybrid you can get piaggio scooter vans