Van leasing pros & cons??

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by StuG, Jan 8, 2022.

1. StuG

StuG Member

I'm thinking of a new van, not sure to buy used, or lease one, any of you's have experience of leasing vans, what's the pros and cons, any advice appreciated
    Thanks

2. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

A lease van gives you a new van but on the down side you own nothing but debt but better for tax purposes

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I buy from van auctions and save over the years at £100 pm.

Many say paying £250 a month for new van works better for them especially if you do under 10k a year.
    First 3 years no mot or problems
    Can also get services thrown in so more savings.
    Not for me though having looked at it.

4. Max22

Max22 New Member

I’d bare in mind whether or not you will look after it. Depending on your trade, how messy is it likely to get?
    Lease will allow a degree of usage marks/damage but can end up charged for it

5. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

If you come into the cities, lease may be the only option as draconian measures force you to stick to ever changing emissions laws.

6. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

We lease 2 cars so not exactly the same, but I think it’s great. No worries about it breaking down and costing a fortune, as it’s in warranty. No MOTs to carry out either, and you get a new vehicle every three years.

ElecCEng likes this.
  7. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

As a business, the lease costs are part of the operating charges so makes even more sense

pppmacca43 likes this.