Veritas R8 OLD Installation Manual

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Parsy, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Parsy

Parsy New Member

Hi all,

Can anyone supply me with a copy of the above installation manual for the old R8 alarm panel. Pre 2000 I believe. If not the full thing even a copy of the page that shows the programming codes. Send to cr4iguk@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

2. general matter's

general matter's New Member

sent one for ya buddy! ;)

3. ManFromManc

ManFromManc New Member

Hi General hope you can help

I have a veritas R8 alarm but have a problem with the Part Set function as a sensor overlooks the keypad and keeps setting the alarm off unless I omit that zone.

Is it possible to change this annoying zone so that it is either disconnected or set to entry/exit during part set?

unfortunately it is a ex-show house and I wasn't supplied with any manuals so downloaded the User Manual from tinternet but I think I need the installation manual

Cheers in advance

4. general matter's

no probs mate! send us an e-mail address and i'll sent you the engineer/programming manual. :)

5. ManFromManc

ManFromManc New Member

Cheers General

Don't want to put my email address on here, will create a temporary one unless it is possible to send a Personal Message??!!

Please keep watching this post

6. *welsh.wizard*

*welsh.wizard* New Member

"Don't want to put my email address on here, will create a temporary one <u>unless it is possible to send a Personal Message??!!"</u>

That where THIS Comes in Handy.

PM and E-mail Through the forum. ;)

7. fuze-box

fuze-box New Member

8. Parsy

Parsy New Member

None of the manuals have helped so far. I've looked on all the well known sites but all the manuals are too recent. My alarm was installed (by me) over 10 years ago. To access the programming menu I enter the engineers code then 00 not PROG. To change the code, it's 01 instead of 60.

Anyone help out?

9. Ripped Off

Ripped Off New Member

Do you run a market stall as well WW.
    Buy one get one free

10. general matter's

i've all the manuals for these panels mate, just give us an e-mail address!

11. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

You did enter the programming mode by usin 00 instead of prog on early R8 and R8 plus panels.

You will probably be able to use a Veritas 8 manual (the panel with the on board keypad) but again there were several software options.

My advice would be to register with Texacom as an installer here: http://www.texe.com/

Registration takes a couple of days but once complete you will be able to download manuals and call tech support.

12. Parsy

Parsy New Member

Cheers GM for your first try. I've just sent you a reply. Same email as before cr4iguk@hotmail.com. Hotmail does seem to be down at the moment.

13. ManFromManc

ManFromManc New Member

Thanks Fuze-box that has the information that I require

14. Parsy

Parsy New Member

Thanks to all that have helped me. I've now got a copy of the programming codes. If anyone needs a copy just ask.

15. two phase

two phase New Member

Parsy,

I'm also after programming info for the old Veritas 8.

Could you please send a copy to mind33gap@yahoo.co.uk (a temporary account I've just set up).

Cheers,

two phase

16. two phase

two phase New Member

Parsy,

Of course there would be more chance of receiving a copy if I gave the correct e-mail address! mind33gap@yahoo.com

Cheers,

2ph

17. general matter's

sent ya mannies two phase! ;)

18. winnie

winnie New Member

I too am having problems with a Pre 2000 Veritas R8 alarm and would ask for the details of the pramming codes. Please could you send me a copy to rolfron@googlemail.com

19. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

About time someone hosted this manual somewhere. Get bored of being asked!

20. ryan4585

ryan4585 New Member

Hi got a little problem... I was called out to check on a veritas alarm today and there is a tamper fault. I need the engineers manual to reset the unit. If anyone could email it to me i would be a very happ man!!!

Ryanjohnlittle@yahoo.co.uk

cheers all.