Veritas R8 OLD Installation Manual

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Parsy, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Between gripper and skirting is not fine imho, over time the cable sheathing and core covering gets worn through, you start to get intermittent faults which are a real pain to find, seen, and had to deal with it numerous times :rolleyes:
    Or damaged when carpets replaced.

KIAB likes this.
  2. Mike58

Mike58 Screwfix Select

We could discuss this at length ... but what causes the wear ? Hidden from view, no one can tread on it - maybe not perfect but better than running under a carpet.

3. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Between gripper & skirting is still not ideal, the carpet is stretched over the gripper & then edge of carpet is usually pushed down with a bolster by the carpet fitter. I’m sure the carpet fitter will take extra care whilst performing this task:rolleyes: and the carpet edge will not sit in the gap due to it been occupied by the alarm cable. If there is no better routes for the cables i would consider the wireless option. Upgrade now & save all the hassle you will no doubt encounter in the not so distant future (sods law :( )
    Good luck

4. Darl Lyn

Darl Lyn New Member

Maybe better to supaglue cable to gripper rods on underlay side ....sounds a better idea...also less chance of chiesel they use to tamper carpet over the gripper damaging the cable too.

Thanks

5. Jimmystoba

Jimmystoba New Member

@Rulland any chance of a copy of the pre 2000 Texecom R8 destructions please? Just fitted the old panel out of my house in the garage then started to struggle when programming it. It's the one that gets into programming by 'engineer code/00' sj236508@gmail.com Thanks in advance. Jimmy.

6. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Email sent Jimmy.

Jimmystoba likes this.
  7. Jimmystoba

Jimmystoba New Member

Thanks for the fast response @Rulland you're a superstar! :)

8. John Sadowski

John Sadowski New Member

Hi rulland

Any chance you can send me a copy of the old veritas install manual aswell please. Got one that need some changes made but can't remember the old Programing code
    John@astra-alarms.com
    Thanks

9. MickDickinson

MickDickinson New Member

Hi Rulland
    Any chance you could send me a copy of the Veritas old installation manual please, it lgot a problem with the alarm falsely activating and want to test the circuits

mickdickinson@btinternet.com

thanks in advance

mick

10. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Email sent Mick.

MickDickinson likes this.
  11. MickDickinson

MickDickinson New Member

Thanks a lot, we’ll received

Rulland likes this.
  12. Clive Baldy

Clive Baldy New Member

Mine is a 1996 R8 which responds to 00 instead of prog. I've carried out some changes from the later manual but if there is any chance you can send me a copy of the original I would appreciate it. Thank you. clivebaldy1@gmail.com

13. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Manuals despatched.

14. Nikos Finidis

Nikos Finidis New Member

Rulland can you sent me a copy pls??
    Mine does not change the user code with 60.

Thank you so much.

15. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

I'll need an email address mate, preferably a disposable one, as you don't want all and sundry knowing a proper one, unfortunately private messaging has been disabled by Screwfix because the few ruined it for the many.

Nikos Finidis likes this.
  16. Nikos Finidis

Nikos Finidis New Member

Sry... nik.finidis@gmail.com

17. Razzle dazzle

Razzle dazzle New Member

Hi mate may I have a copy to please here is my email melongjon@msn.com

18. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Email sent.

19. Razzle dazzle

Razzle dazzle New Member