Veritasr8 rkp issue

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Rodgerdodger1234, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Rodgerdodger1234

Rodgerdodger1234 New Member

Hi, can anyone out there help me. I am aware if the unset light on the keypad flashes, it means a battery problem. But the issue I have is the unset light does not illuminate. I have replaced the battery and still nothing. It does actually all work correctly, and when you first unset the alarm by typing in the code, the unset light comes on, so it is working properly, but then after about 20 seconds the unset light goes out. You can still set it, but I’m pretty sure this is a fault as the unset light should always be on when the alarm is not on.

2. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Not an expert on Veritas, but I am fairly certain that the light should come one when the system is unset and then extinguish after less than 30 seconds - that is what teh standard requires.

You do not want to permanently advertise the fact the system is unset.

edit to add: Just pulled up the manual and it says.

Option 5 – EN 50131-1 Requirements
    When ‘ON’ the following features are enabled (see page 28).
    1. Reset (after an alarm) requires the use of a User code.
    2. Anentry alarm (defined as an entry timeout or, a Guard zone activation during the entry period) invokes a 30-second delay during which the external sounder is suppressed (i.e. the alarm response is limited to the internal sounder(s) and external strobe for the first 30 seconds).
    3. On unsetting the system the unset light will extinguish after 30 seconds.

Rodgerdodger1234 likes this.
  3. Vin

Vin Screwfix Select

I think FlyByNight is correct. I have a Veritas R8 panel in my office which does show the unset light when unset but I think it's a programible option.

4. Rodgerdodger1234

Thanks all- absolutely superb. My last alarm rkp was exactly the same and the unset light was always on when system off, but ive moved house and this one was the same. However following a powercut it seems to have altered itself and the unset light works as normal but then extinguishes itself.
    As it is still all working and given your comments above, im happy now this is nothing to worry about and is normal

5. Rodgerdodger1234

Thank you so much Flybynight. Just out of interest can you advise which manual you are reffering to? The one i downloaded only has 8 pages in total

Vin likes this.
  6. FlyByNight

The Texecom Manual I can login to access ... it is INS034-14 and INS045-14 contains the same.

7. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Under miscellanious options selection zero.

Option 5 needs to be programmed as off.

If on is selected, on unsetting the system the unset light will extinguish after 30 seconds.

Attached Files:

Vin and Rodgerdodger1234 like this.
  8. Rodgerdodger1234

Thank you so much everyone. Ive just followed the instructions and it was indeed option 5 which need reprogrammed. I have been on with this for over a month and racking my brains trying to work it out. Then i used this forum and within half an hour all sorted. U dont understand how much you have helped here. A little thing but such a weight on my mind. Im going to sleep so well tonight. Thank you thank you thank you all!

Vin, FlyByNight and sparky steve like this.
  9. FlyByNight

You do u
    Thanks for telling you succeeded ... we have our uses!

Vin likes this.