Very creaky joists Liverpool

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Josh Finesilver, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Josh Finesilver

Josh Finesilver New Member

Hello there,

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post in, but I was hoping for some advice. The upstairs floorboards/joists (or both) are incredibly creaky in my house. So much so that it wakes up my kids and makes it difficult to walk around in the evening etc.

I looked online a bit (not sure if that was a good idea) and saw it could be serious like some kind of rot, or something as simple as floorboards nailed down rather than screwed. Is this something I should get a carpenter to look at or a general builder? I'm keen to get the right person for the job.

Thanks in advance,
    Josh

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

How old is the house, is it timber floorboards or sheet material, are the floors roughly level or sloping, and can you post a picture? A carpenter is what you would require, if you don’t feel confident yourself to have a go.

3. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Are you from liverpool as in your title?
    if so, you didn’t purchase a £1 house in the Webster Triangle area of Wavertree by any chance?1o_O

4. chillimonster

chillimonster Screwfix Select

+ 1 to a carpenter or the bloke who put the central heating pipes in.