Very creaky joists Liverpool

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Josh Finesilver, Apr 16, 2020.

  1. Josh Finesilver

    Josh Finesilver New Member

    Hello there,

    Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post in, but I was hoping for some advice. The upstairs floorboards/joists (or both) are incredibly creaky in my house. So much so that it wakes up my kids and makes it difficult to walk around in the evening etc.

    I looked online a bit (not sure if that was a good idea) and saw it could be serious like some kind of rot, or something as simple as floorboards nailed down rather than screwed. Is this something I should get a carpenter to look at or a general builder? I'm keen to get the right person for the job.

    Thanks in advance,
  2. Jord86

    Jord86 Screwfix Select

    How old is the house, is it timber floorboards or sheet material, are the floors roughly level or sloping, and can you post a picture? A carpenter is what you would require, if you don’t feel confident yourself to have a go.
  3. sparky steve

    sparky steve Screwfix Select

    Are you from liverpool as in your title?
    if so, you didn’t purchase a £1 house in the Webster Triangle area of Wavertree by any chance?1o_O
  4. chillimonster

    chillimonster Screwfix Select

    + 1 to a carpenter or the bloke who put the central heating pipes in.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice