Villeroy and Boch suite

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by John@KC, Apr 25, 2005.

1. John@KC

John@KC New Member

A neighbour is installing a V and B suite for his daughter, and is puzzling over the best way to fit the bath. Unlike all the baths I have ever fitted there is no wood attached under the lip of the bath.
    He rang V and B and they advised him to build a wooden cradle, which he has done, but it does not really tie the bath firmly to the wall.

Also, the wash basin pedestal does not have any lugs on the bottom, so is it best to just silicone it to the floor?

I would be very grateful for any tips

Thanks

John

2. fitted frameless bath last year by scribing (recessing) it into the wall, siliconing....if it's going to be a dual shower / bath, i would consider attatching rear & side batten with gripfix or similiar and attatching my own 'L' shape brackets to it to secure to wall, as there will be more movement involved (flexibility of seal is crucial with shower bath )
    With the basin, M10 SCREW & THREAD BOLTS are the main source of securing to wall, the pedestal is secondary to support, and also hides waste / feeds for aesthetical purposes, seal pedestal to basin & bottom rear..

3. John@KC

John@KC New Member

m3 fitter

Many thanks for your advice

John