Vitrex Lash Levelling Spacers stuck between tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Jking-DIY, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Jking-DIY

Jking-DIY New Member

Used the Vitrex Lash Tile Levelling System and when I’ve come to take the spacers out some of the are stuck.

I’ve tried tapping with a mallet, pulling with plyers, dampening adhesive and trying but still no further forward.

any tips?

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Yeah. Pull out before adhesive sets... Not what you wanted to hear

Jking-DIY likes this.
  3. Jiml86

Jiml86 Screwfix Select

You'll have to cut them I'm afraid..

Jking-DIY likes this.
  4. JimTiler

JimTiler Active Member

You should be able to knock them out with a rubber mallet if they are in walls or give them a kick if floors, hit them along the grout joint.

In future I would recommend to Shmox type clips, these Vitrex ones are poor.

Jking-DIY likes this.
  5. Grip the tab with pliers and hit the pliers to snap it off.

Jking-DIY likes this.
  6. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

Used these for the first time last weekend. Wasn’t impressed at all. To be fair they broke off easily with a rubber mallet. The only only ones not to do so were where I’d cut the feet off a couple to use as spacers without the wedges and I had to score them through with a Stanley knife from each side.

Worst part of them was that they sit really high and tilt the tiles unless you have a really thick bed of adhesive. The wedges are also too short and they don’t sit evenly across both tiles. Mate of mine swear by the Dakota ones so I’ll try those next time, or the threaded ones that spin down onto the tile face.

7. Jking-DIY

Jking-DIY New Member

Cut the down the just took the multitool to the ones which were still proud. Grout went on fine after this but I'll definitely not be using these again.

Cheers everyone

8. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Odd, I've never had such a problem