Walk in shower trays. Why no 700mm?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by SilstonGeezer, Jan 23, 2023.

1. SilstonGeezer

SilstonGeezer New Member

Hello

We're planning to chuck out our bath and install a walk in shower in its place. Whereas normally width wouldn't be a major constraint, as we could make a walk in shower level with the floor, we have to have it on a raised plinth to accommodate the existing soil pipe layout, which can't be re-routed.

Owing to the placement of the bathroom door, this limits us to a plinth width of 700mm, however we have enough length to accommodate easily a 1200mm long tray. I've been looking for slatey, anthracitey coloured 700mm wide shower trays, in either 1000 or 1200mm length, and there's very little available. The only one I've found to date is this white one
    https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/p...ved=0ahUKEwjEufj1qdP8AhUKTEEAHVkoCyAQkjAIBigB

My question is, is there a reason that I'm missing somewhere, that shower trays aren't generally available in less than 800mm widths?

If anybody knows of what we're looking for, and can send me a link, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance

2. There probably isn’t the demand to warrant the supply

3. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

No shortage of 700mm trays. Anthracite will be the issue. There are companies that’ll custom make for you albeit at a price.