Wall-fixings: Timber-framed house.

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Gummo, Apr 13, 2019.

  1. Gummo

    Gummo Member

    My son has just moved into his newly-built house. I'll be hanging pictures, mirrors, bathroom cabinets etc. soon.

    Do all timber-framed houses take specific fixings - do I use just cavity-wall types?
  2. Jord86

    Jord86 Well-Known Member

    Go along knocking the wall with your knuckle until you hear a dull thud, should be the counter battens nailed over the studs. They will be at either 400 or 600mm centres. For lightweight items just use redidriver plasterboard fixings or Spring toggles.
  3. Gummo

    Gummo Member

    So it's wooden studs just like cavity-walls?
  4. Jord86

    Jord86 Well-Known Member

    Structural studs (usually 89x38mm), 38x25mm battens nailed over the top, then plasterboard fixed on top of that is a standard construction detail throughout the country.
    Gummo likes this.
  5. Gummo

    Gummo Member

    Thanks comrade.
  6. bk2019

    bk2019 New Member

    hi, I have gone through your concern. i know a website where you can find solution to your problems. I suggest you to plz have a visit to the site.
    Plz click: timber acoustic panels
  7. goldenboy

    goldenboy Well-Known Member

    Do not click on this. Repeat do not click on this. All you get is an image of a tin of pork luncheon meat.
    Gummo and chippie244 like this.
  8. Gummo

    Gummo Member

Share This Page