Wall Hung Douche Spray

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Wayners, Jan 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

These are called bxx guns or axx blasters in other parts of the world.
    My question. Why aren't they a standard fixture in the uk?
    Is it because folks sit on the bath and use shower (they do) or just a lack of knowledge that there is a product available?
    Puzzles me so im asking.
    Save a fortune on paper.
    Much healthier.
    Loads of uk supplier's but I've never seen one fitted in uk.
    Reasons for having one is endless..
    I think there could be a big call for these and an a chance to make money fitting if they caught on.

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

Douche Spray - Chrome @MIUI| https://www.bigbathroomshop.co.uk/m...3ENGnDpC0NiPEl7AoAQaAhyJEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  2. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

seen many of them when working in parts of London :D

Fitting them can be a pain,their installation needs some thought on how to prevent faecal matter/bodily fluids being drawn into mains water supply :)

Wayners likes this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

One way valve a must then?

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Pretty un-hygienic would be an obvious reason, do you wash your hands first with your trousers around your ankles and the go back and wash your arris or put dissposable gloves on prior to cross contaminating the douce hose! :confused::eek:

5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Think I'll give that idea a 'miss' and continue with the 'Bronco'.;)

7. Mancone

Mancone Member

Bum gun.

I don’t care too much for them but they are prevalent in south Asian communities.

i would love to have a squat toilet though. Much healthier.

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Reminds me of fishing as a kid. Toilet roll was not a high priority when your 12. Omg. That's a distant memory

9. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Cat5 needs more than that.

If you knew the water regs you would know and understand why.

Joe the Plumber likes this.
  10. Jez Brown

Jez Brown Member

They seem like a good idea, I fitted one in the midlands just before xmas, defo agree with the need for a double check valve. Would certainly think it leave's ya bum cleaner though not sure about how hygienic it is using your hand, but they cut down on waste.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  11. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I don't know regs. I know folks get in shower having had accident. I often think its a job for myth busters this contamination getting up in water. People use hose for drain cleaning. Poo off shoes ect. I know ponds and pools can get back pressure but washing with a shower head. Hum. What do I know. That's why I ask others that do.

Mancone likes this.
  12. Jez Brown

Jez Brown Member

I've just been having a good think about this, apart from the waste surley wiping ya bum with paper then giving it a quick spray with water is very hygienic.Don't forget when you have a shower you wash your bum with your hands, whats the difference.

13. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

So do you also need a towel and how hygienic is that for subsequent users.

14. Jez Brown

Jez Brown Member

Maybe a dab with toilet paper ???? its the hands that concern me.

15. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

You saying you and others use the same bath towel - uck!

Jord86 and WillyEckerslike like this.
  16. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

You wash first then dab water off with paper, then wash hands..Apparently. I've not used one. I'm kind of thinking we in uk won't change habits. Anyway. I feel I've done my bit bringing this up. Remember. Romans use sponge on a stick, but let's not go there. Wasn't their stick or sponge.

Mancone likes this.
  17. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

No but if you have an arrangement like this in the lav and guests use it....? It's one thing drying your hands after you've wahed them thoroughly in the cloakroom but one's going to need to dry their backside here.

18. Mancone

Mancone Member

Don’t need to dry. It will air dry. It’s uncommon to see toilet paper with a water sprayer in native countries.

I’m not sure why users don’t seem to be concerned with getting fungus from wet areas, perhaps because they are usually in warm dry climates and they wear baggy clothing. Not sure.

19. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

The Water Regs regarding this aren't voluntary. If you fit one of those devices to a mains water supplied pipe and are caught, you could go to prison. They can only be fitted to a specific tank fed supply.

They are illegal in the UK unless installed in compliance with the appropriate Regs, and just adding a double check valve in no way even begins to comply. I won't consider installing them.

20. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

That's interesting @Joe the Plumber
    Might explain why we are still smearing it about in uk. I have an answer.