Wall Tiling over WBP Ply ...

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Matt_sx, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

Aquapanel is actually "waterproof" and yes you can use the normal aquapanel to overboard on floor boards not just the thermal

2. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

well it is waterproff in the way it does not degrade in water. I didnt know that it could be used on floors as my local supplier has always said use the thermal stuff on floors. Presonally i use ditra matting on the floor

3. GKU

GKU New Member

"<u>Chip off the old block</u>" - you are totally correct buddy - it is waterproof <u>only</u> in the way that it does'nt deteriorate in water - it <u>Does</u> absorb water (on the Aquapanel website)but it does'nt degrade as you correctly said . On their website it says that if it is put up whilst it has a high water content it must be allowed to dry before tiling onto (the exact moisture content figures are on the website)other wise it may cause failure in the adhesive bonding.

4. chip off the block

thanks for that press16. i always read the info on stuff before buying it as some discrptions can be misleading. Does anybody know if no more ply is waterproof as thier info is siht. They say you can waterproof it with sbr is this true

5. GKU

GKU New Member

"<u>Chip off the old block</u>" - I'll quote from their website - "Dimensionally stable , unaffected by moisture absorption , for total waterproofing use SBR Multipurpose Primer" - it also states that it is moisture resistant (not proof) if it's any help the website is - www.nomoreply.com , hope that is of some help buddy .

6. The-Turbo-Robin

The-Turbo-Robin New Member

yeah from the man that recommends tiling straight on to floor boards with normal rapidset???!!!!!!!!

7. yeehaa

yeehaa New Member

Looking back over the last week or so there appears to be some tension between you and Press , whats up ?

8. chip off the block

curry house brawl, when i require advice from a numpty like yourself i will go to a dole office for it, in th mean time dont hijack the post with complete rubbish you pillock

9. GKU

GKU New Member

"<u>Chip off the old block</u>" - ;) - He's a TROLL , he hi-jacks loads of threads and just blows carp at anyone who tells him to shut up , don't feed him buddy , he's pee'd loads of people off on quite a few of the forums along with his aliases (fcukshoe etc , etc) - TROLL -DO NOT FEED !!!!!

10. The-Turbo-Robin

Thats such a shame Chip as my comments weren't directed at you. I did quite like you Chip but now youve sunk to the same level as Press. Press is a cowboy and should be banned by law from working in peoples houses. He fleeces the elderly and churns out sub standard work that has to be corrected around a week later. But guess what? when the customer rings him to correct his work he vanishes. Shame on you Press! You will never work in my house again.

If im a troll you are most certainly Cowboy Ceramics!

11. Extentlon15

Extentlon15 New Member

Press16 would go onto boards with normail rapidset?? Jeezus. The fool. Well god help him when all the tiles start to crack when walked on. This bloke should not be let loose to work for people.

12. GKU

GKU New Member

Gents , my "handle" has been hi-jacked , someone is copying my "handle" and putting a full stop at the end of it (so he can get away with making it look like me) , I am unable to comment much more due to Legal reasons , but you will be interested to hear the story when I am allowed to tell it . This guy is well known to most of the regulars on most of the S/F forums by many other aliases and is now under investigation , he has gone too far this time

13. Extentlon15

Extentlon15 New Member

Just an update - PRESS16 is under investigation after my counter claim he is impersonation me. Removing my full stop was when he crossed the line.
    Going directly onto boards with normal rapid set was just the tip of the iceberg - he has now gone too far putting chemical metal in plumbing fittings.

14. The-Turbo-Robin

PRESS16 (the one without the full stop)

Legal reasons?

investigations?

oh crumbs he might get locked up for using a name like yours....will he get at least 10 years? jeee wiz thats scary stuff.

What did the police man say when you went to the desk and told them someone was pulling your plonka on the screwfix forums? pretty serious crime when you think about it, if I was you I would get your legal team on it without delay!

Well as gesture of solidarity to help you stamp out these serious crimes I have decided to become PRESS17.

Me and you buddy, we can take the world, 2 WILL become 1. Theres no need to be frightened we will show them that PRESS16 and his legal team are not to be fooled with!