Wallpaper strippers

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by AWCO, Feb 27, 2009.

1. AWCO

AWCO Member

Has anybody tried the smaller Earlex strippers ,are they any good ? I note the tank is smaller and slightly smaller wattage elements but what is the steam delivery like

My Hiretech stripper sprung a leak testerday in the tank
    ( It was about 15 years old) Was always handy to have on shelf,

2. StinkNugget

StinkNugget Member

They are pretty decent. I believe the head is slightly smaller than the "pro" steamers they sell for around £150 (apart from the head, slightly larger tank & the fact you can stand on them I'm not too sure what the additional £120 gets you!)

I've had mine years now & it performs well enough - if I come up against a woodchip nightmare I just close all windows & doors, let it stew in the juices so to speak ;)

The only slight downside is the heat up time, still gives you time to start scraping & get another cuppa in I suppose :) ...Don't know if the pro versions are any better to be fair.

3. AWCO

AWCO Member

Thanks for the reply
    Which model do you have

4. potty painter

potty painter New Member

AWCO, there are a number of steam strippers available. Nilfisk, and karcher, to name but two. I have recently inherited a Earlex steamer, I have used it recently to steam my car wheels, and I was delighted with the result. If I were you I would not waste to much money on such a thing, Earlex would be a good choice.

Potty.

5. decorator dave

decorator dave New Member

Hi AWCO,

As everyone else has said the Earlex is good for most jobs, I have an earlex and also a professional one (£145.00) can't remember the make.

Nearly always use the earlex