Wallrock Dampstop Thermic

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by poohbag, Feb 23, 2021.

1. poohbag

poohbag Member

Morning I need a bit of advice , I have just hung some wallrock dampstop thermic paper on a couple of walls in my house and would like to now hang decorative wallpaper on the top ,do I use the adhesive I used to hang the thermic paper or can I use standard Solvite paste.
    I have looked everywhere and there seems to be conflicting advice.
    Thanks for any advice given

Astramax likes this.
  2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Have not used the Thermic but have used Three in One damp proof liner many times which is a similar product, this is recommended to be cross lined with a lining paper using a non specific paste, you best action would be to contact the WallRock technical department for accurate advice 01427 616597 let us know how you get on.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Glad you used the correct adhesive as so many people don't then wonder why the lot comes off the wall! ;)

4. poohbag

poohbag Member

Thanks for the contact details I will get on to them later and let you know
    I have watched possibly the only video available from Wallrock and as you state they do crossline with lining paper and use the paste designed for their product but of course I want to hang decorative wallpaper so I am assuming I still use their paste.
    When you say a "non specific paste " when cross lining do you mean you use the special glue or run of the mill wallpaper paste.
    Many Thanks

5. poohbag

poohbag Member

And yes if I'm going to spend a tenner a roll on the paper then surely you have to use the correct adhesive.
    I have read so many bad reviews saying the paper is **** and it comes off the wall and I did wonder how many of these idiots used the wrong stuff.

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Non specific being whatever is suitable for the type of paper, solvite etc, my preference is LAP wallpaper adhesive every day of the week for hanging all decorative wallpapers..

7. poohbag

poohbag Member

Ok Thanks for that I appreciate any help I can get