wardrobe infills

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by hammer, Jan 24, 2007.

1. hammer

hammer New Member

wasnt sure which forum to post this, so here goes. i am fitting some wardrobes and they are going to have an infill across the top and down one side so it all looks like one piece. is there any way of scribing or marking the infills so that it is a good fit or is it just a case of measuring it at different places and then joining lines up and then cutting. any advise(as long as its clean) gratefully received.

2. Nigel

Nigel New Member

3. innit

innit New Member

Within 5-6mm! I could be more accurate than that with a chainsaw. If its done properly you wont need dec fill.

4. 2 a week

2 a week New Member

*** Nigel 5/6mm you should be shot.
    well said Innit

5. 2 a week

2 a week New Member

Nigel you mention wal in your reply..is that bal wal as in grout is that what you use to fill your gaps???

as a note of interest do you have any trouble getting paid for your work..

6. nigel

nigel Guest

So boys how do you adjust a 20mm thick infill panel to fit a wall which is dead vertical but the edge you are meeting varies 5-6mm from front to back at various points along it's length.?

7. innit

innit New Member

So boys how do you adjust a 20mm thick infill panel
    to fit a wall which is dead vertical but the edge you
    are meeting varies 5-6mm from front to back at
    various points along it's length.??????????????

I'd scribe it! I very rarely use decorators filler as I dont need to cover up bodges... You do though!

8. nigel

nigel Guest

Thought so , you did'nt understand the question.

9. innit

innit New Member

Bloody right I didn't! Try describing what you mean in English... Maybe you meant the infill needs to be bevel cut?

10. nigel

nigel Guest

Good, now you are reading the post correctly, so how do you deal with a bevel cut that varies the entire length of the infill panel and runs back to front and visa versa.

11. innit

innit New Member

Hold in position.
    Scribe.
    Cut to line marked (Undercutting by the amount required).

I always put a slight bevel/undercut on infills, this ensures they fit first time 99.9 percent of the time.

Never come across any wall/object that runs in and out by 5-6mm over 20mm. If I ever do I'll be able to scribe, cut and fix it in place no problem.

Got a photo of a tall infill I had to scribe into brickwork in a very old house. Took me ages to mark and cut. I'll try and put it on photobox and post the link here, (Just to prove that when it comes to scribing I'm the daddy!)

12. 2 a week

2 a week New Member

Bet your not..I,M THE DADDY