Warmflow combi boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jamie Smith, Nov 10, 2018 at 7:35 PM.

1. Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith New Member

Good Evening.

I have just had to replace the condensing tank in my boiler, which I have sucessfully done, However for what ever reason now I dont have hot water coming through the taps.

on the heat exchange, there are two pipes which are hot going in, however for some reason the outlet pipe which runs off the taps is cold.
    The boiler is working fine, and central heating is absoluutely running ok Just the hot water.. and the heat exchange is cold when its normally hot!

When i was running the hot tap, there was a little rattle/squeek then it started with cold water..
    Any suggestions.

Its a warmflow Combi heatpak 70/90

2. kiaora

kiaora Well-Known Member

Hi
    It sounds like the condense is not getting away,
    Disconnect the outlet pipe from the condense trap, see if water comes out?

Note, the boiler burner fires on high flame when on hot water demand and low for heating,

Regards
    Peter

3. Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith New Member

Thanks for the reply....... But the what from the what?

4. Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith New Member

I have taken the condensing pipe off the top of the bottle and no water came out.

5. Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith New Member

All Fixed... I forgot that i broke the flow sensor which is the cold water intake prior the heat exchange... all good now, Thanks for you guidance Kiaora

6. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

Prepare to have to do a lot of maintenance on that boiler.
    I hate combi oil boilers and no longer work on them, with only one exception.
    A heat only boiler and an unvented stainless steel cylinder best and most reliable.
    Grant Vortex oil boiler very good